Abhijeet Sawant was the 1st Winner of the Indian Idol in 2005. Indian Idol is an adaptation of the Pop Idol format. It started airing in India with the first season in 2004–2005 and followed that with second(2005–2006), third (2007) and fourth (2008–2009) seasons. In February 2010, Sony Entertainment Television announced the launch of the Fifth season.
Jo Jeeta Wohi Super Star
Abhijeet Sawant was a finalist of Clinic All Clear Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar (telecasted in the Indian Channel Star Plus). He became the first runner up of the show. Jeeta Wohi Super Star was an Indian reality television series which aims to bring the winners of ‘all’ singing reality shows completed previously and the runners-up together competed for the ‘Superstar’ title under ‘one roof’. The series’ grand-finale took place on July 12, 2008
Abhijeet Sawant competed in the first edition of Asian Idol which was held in Jakarta, Indonesia from December 15 to 16, 2007, which was won by Hady Mirza of Singapore Idol. He performed Everything I Do by Brian Adams and his own song Junoon in the platform. Though Abhijeet did not win he stood third out of the rest. Despite not winning, he was credited by the judges for giving Asian audience a taste of Indian music.
- Aap Kaa Abhijeet Sawant-2005, Sony BMG Music India
- Junoon (Abhijeet Sawant album)-2007, Sony BMG Music India
- Farida-2013,Universal Music India
As Playback Singer
- Mar Jaavan Mit Jaavan (Aashiq Banaya Aapne)
- Yaad Teri Yaad(Jawani Diwani – A Youthful Joyride)
- Happy Ending(Tees Maar Khan)with Prajakta Shukre, Debojit Saha, Harshit Saxena.
- Bechain sapne(Chittagong) with Mahalaxmi Iyer.