Mubarak Begum (Devanagari: मुबारक बेगम, born 1940, Sujangarh, Churu, Rajasthan) is an Indian Ghazal and playback singer.
She started her career with light music recitals with All India Radio, the Indian government radio. Her career as a playback singer with Hindi film industry started when she got a break in the movie Aaiye with the song “Mohe Aane Lagi Angrayi, Aja Aja Balam” for composer Shaukat Dehlvi.
Another major hit in her career was the song “Kabhi Tanhaiyon Mein Yun” for composerSnehal Bhatkar in Kidar Sharma’s film Hamaari Yaad Aayegi which is, till this day, regarded as a classic rendition.
- “Neend Ud Jaaye Teri Chain se Sone Wale” (Yeh Dil Kisko Doon)
- “Kabhi Tanhaiyon men Hamari Yaad Aaegi” (Hamari Yaad Aaegi)
- “Be-murawwat be-wafa begana-e dil aap hain” (Susheela 1966)
- “Aye Dil Bata’ (Khooni Khazana)
- “Kuchh Ajnabi se aap hain”
- “Mujh ko Apne Gale Lagalo” (Hamrahi)
- “Ayji ayji yaad rakhna sanam” (Daku Mansoor)
- “Shama Gul Karke Na Ja”
- Saawariya Teri Yaad Mein”
- Humein Dum Daike”
Source: Mubarak Begum