Pankaj Udhas is an Indian singer, credited in the Indian music industry, along with other musicians like Jagjit Singh and Talat Aziz, with bringing the Ghazal style to the realm of popular music. Udhas rose to fame for singing in the 1986 film Naam, in which his song “Chitthi Aayee Hai” became an instant hit. Following that, he has also performed as a playback singer for numerous films. He has recorded many albums since then and tours the world as an accomplished ghazal singer. In 2006, Pankaj Udhas was awarded the Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award.
- 2006 – Pankaj Udhas Awarded Padmashree for completing his Silver Jubilee in Gazal singing career.
- 2006 – Awarded the prestigious “Kalakar” award at Kolkata for “Hasrat” as “Best Ghazal album of 2005”.
- 2004 – Special Felicitation at the Wembley Conference Center, London for Completing 20 Years of Performance at the Prestigious Venue.
- 2003 – MTV Immies Award for the successful album ‘In Search of Meer’.
- 2003 – Special Achievement Award at the Bollywood Music Award, New York for Popularizing Ghazals Across the Globe.
- 2003 – Dadabhai Naoroji Millennium Award conferred by the Dadabhai Naoroji International Society for Contribution to Ghazal and the Music Industry.
- 2002 – Award for Excellence in Music Field presented by Sahyog Foundation at Mumbai.
- 2002 – Honored by the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce.
- 2001 – Vocational Recognition Award for Outstanding Performance as a Ghazal singer presented by Rotary Club of Mumbai Downtown.
- 1999 – Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, USA Award for extraordinary services to Indian music, especially promotion of ghazals in India and abroad. Presented at the Festival of Ghazals held in New York.
- 1998 – Indian Arts Awards Gala presented by the Mayor of the City of Jersey City.
- 1998 – Outstanding Artistic Achievement Award presented by the American Academy of Artists at Atlantic City.
- 1996 – Indira Gandhi Priyadarshani Award for Outstanding Services, Achievement and Contribution to Music.
- 1994 – Honorary Citizenship of Lubbock Texas, USA.
- 1994 – Radio Lotus Award for Outstanding Achievement and for the many songs featuring on the official hit parade of the radio. Presented by Radio Lotus, South Africa at the University of Durban.
- 1993 – Giants International Award for extraordinary efforts to achieve the highest standards in the field of music thereby motivating the entire community to pursue excellence.
- 1990 – Outstanding Young Persons’ Award (1989–90) for positive leadership and distinguish services rendered to the nation. Presented by the Indian Junior Chambers.
- 1985 – K L Saigal Award for being the Best Ghazal Singer of the Year.
La Pila De Saqia Paimana – Pankaj Udhas Ghazals Sharab
Chitthi Aayi Hai Aayi Hai Pankaj Udhas
Jis Din Se Juda Woh – Pankaj Udhas
Superhit Ghazal – Sabko Maloom Hai Main Sharabi Nahin By Pankaj Udhas
Aap Jinke Kareeb Hote Hain – Beautiful Ghazal By Pankaj Udhas